Wednesday, July 9, 2008

July 4th weekend

Well we had a nice weekend.We pretty much did nothing on Saturday but my husband really was ancy and wanted "to do something besides sit around" so we took a trip a couple hours away to Boone,NC and rented a hotel room with a heated pool.I use the term "heated" because it didn't feel like it but Griffin loved swimming.We went out to dinner and took him to Tweetsie Railroad for something to do.He was really young for most of it but enjoyed the choo choo rides and the cloggin and dancing shows.next year when he is bigger he'll enjoy it much more.His attention span is all about 10 seconds on his best days so considering that and his age he had a good time.I told Joe to enjoy this because in a year or two he'll be begging for icecream,begging to go on all the rides and whatever else lol He was so tired at the end he fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot lol I have been trying to pack up all his clothes that are too small for him and get organized.I bought him a really nice dresser for $10 at a garage sale a few weeks ago and I still have to paint it.We also got 5 small bags of clothes for our little girl due October 25th so I have to sort that to see what we still need.We did get some sleepers and things so at least we have some things for her.I'm not gonna buy any bibs or anything because even though they are blue in color all they do is get messy anyways so.I still have to get a new breast pump, some bottles and I was thinking about a different bath tub than the one we used for Griffin-a bigger one.So there is much to do here.One of the projects I'd like to finish this summer is Griffin's baby book scrap book and our photo albums-which os a huge project in itself so it'll go slow but my goal is to have that done soon.The weather has been beautiful-hot and humid but more of a breeze than I remember there being last summer.I was dreading being pregnant in the summer but so far so good.That could change quick here though.This summer sun is brutal.Well I shall update soon and hope everyone had a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Karen Coutu said...

I'm glad you got to take a little trip. Good luck getting ready for the new baby. October will be here before you know it!

Melanie said...

that sounds like a nice weekend if you ask me...oh, organizing. Isn't it great fun? I swear I've done it a million times since Kaia was born because I had hand me downs and Kaia's clothes to go through every couple of months as she grew..ugh